Friday, October 3, 2008

Designer Sarah

Sarah Palin finds out the Republican campaign has written off Michigan by reading it in the newspaper the next day. Apparently, her own running mate doesn't take her seriously enough to involve her in big campaign decisions. If I were her, I'd be mad as hell.

I don't think John McCain has ever taken her seriously, and that says a lot to me about his character. I think McCain chose Palin the way a rich woman chooses a new designer purse. It is crystal clear he did not choose her because he thought she was the second most qualified person to run the country. Sarah Palin is, and always has been, a political accessory for John McCain.

For someone who could be "a heartbeat away", she has no substantive experience nor command of the issues (which is why they won't let her speak "unattended"). She reads a script very well. Many people think she is quite attractive.

I've got a suggestion for Governor Palin. If she ever gets tired of the hypocrisy and chauvinism of politics, she's got all of the qualifications Hollywood is looking for.

Ronald Reagan went from acting to politics--maybe Palin's best path lies along the reverse.

No comments: