Saturday, September 13, 2008

Who Are You?


I do not know who you are or any of your personal contact information (unless you have purposely given it to me in some way).

But I do know that you are one of approximately 200 unique visitors to this blog to date.

81 of those visitors have visited at least twice.
39 of those have visited at least ten times.
3 of those have visited more than 25 times (and desperately need a life of some kind).

The other 119 of you are called "bouncers"...who sort of hit my blog, realized they had made a horrible mistake, and immediately clicked off to somewhere else.

The odds are 6 to 1 that you came to my blog directly by typing in the url in a browser, or bookmarking it. The odds are only 1 in 12 that you found my blog through a search engine or clicked through to it from another site.

On an average day, nine of you come to visit.

65% of you use DSL, 28% of you use a cable modem.

70% of you use Firefox/Windows.
16% of you use Safari/Macintosh.
11% of you use IE/Windows.

One visitor in three looks at more than just the page they landed on.

Odds are overwhelming that you are an American...but I bid the visitors from Canada, Germany, Pakistan, Spain and Taiwan welcome.

How long do you stay on my blog site? For those who have visited at least twice, the browse times are:

5% stay between 30 and 60 seconds
31% stay between 1 and 3 minutes
26% stay between 3 and 10 minutes
31% stay between 10 and 30 minutes
7% of you either got a phone call or answered the call of nature after you landed on my blog, and stayed more than 30 minutes. :)

Now...don't you just feel better? :-D

If you are worried about privacy, you can relax. I have no idea who you are, or how to contact you in any way. That information is unavailable in the statistics.

Thanks for your consideration. Drop me a line anytime. We'll leave the light on for you.

3 comments:

Lanna said...

How the heck did you find out all that information?

Michael Rowland said...

:-)

*whispering*

I pay attention.

:D

Jenna said...

That's so funny! I wish I had those "tools" on my blog! I admit to be one of those who check all my "blog friends" constantly all day...any time the kiddos aren't in my hair...and even when they are...proof being that just now in the middle of this entry, I stopped to get "snack time" for the kids!