Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Biker Chick


After 31 years, I'm suddenly married to a biker chick. :-D

There she is, all suited up and ready to roll. Hardly a night goes by now that we don't ride a good five miles or more.

Her bike is brand new--a sweet Trek 7.2 with all Shimano hardware and Bontrager tires. Our rides are getting steadily faster and longer.

We also scored a new bike rack that fits neatly on the back of Lola (pictured in the background) and is just right for holding our rides. Tuesday night we strapped up, drove over to the State College building, and rode down into Craig Park for a few miles. Smooth roads, nice mix of hills and flats, trees, flowers, lakes, streams, waterbirds...good for both the body and the soul!


My biker chick is getting enthusiastic and ambitious. She mentioned the Santa Ana River path, so I looked it up. I have long known you could ride from Anaheim Hills to Huntington Beach without leaving the river bed (25 miles). I had no clue that the path extends all the way east to the Pacific Crest trail just east of Highland, in the San Bernardino mountains. From end to end, that's 110 miles! I suspect we'll make a
goal to ride the Anaheim Hills to Huntington beach segment this summer. :-D

(By the way, those spandex biker shorts really aren't about the eye candy--it turns out they have crucially important padding sewn into strategic places.)

So...I really am married to a biker chick. I guess that makes me a Heck's Angel.

No comments: